Around the World

Apparently Sydney's gravitational pull is too strong. Once again I find myself Down Under. Will I escape once more? Or will I remain quarantined in Terra Australis forever? I suppose I can call it home again... for now... (See my travel archives by clicking on the links listed on the left under "Archives").

Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Christian Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

I've been a Christian Slater fan since my teenage days. It all began with the movie Pump Up the Volume. A film about teenage rebellion where he plays an underground radio DJ called Happy Harry Hard on. I loved that movie, for some reason it really struck a chord with the teenage me. Anyways, my Christian Slater worship reached an all-time-never to-be-topped-high last night. 11 of us went to see him in One Flew... at the Gielgud in London's West End. Now, I know I'm biased but I thought he was truly brilliant. He may be married with 2 kids, aged 35, and only 5' 8.5" tall but to me he'll always be the DJ synonymous with my teenage angst, starting his show with "Everybody knows that the dice are loaded, Everybody rolls with their fingers crossed". That said, he has proven to be quite the realistic mental patient, receiving standing ovations.

By the way, summer time ended over here, it's just after 5pm and it's pitch black outside. We're in for a long, cold winter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home