Around the World

Apparently Sydney's gravitational pull is too strong. Once again I find myself Down Under. Will I escape once more? Or will I remain quarantined in Terra Australis forever? I suppose I can call it home again... for now... (See my travel archives by clicking on the links listed on the left under "Archives").

Friday, October 01, 2004

This is Creative Writing 101

Erin and I have enrolled in a creative writing class. Our homework last week was to write the first line of a story, not the whole story, one line only. Then the whole class put them in a box and withdrew someone elses, now we have to finish that story.
I wrote a few but settled on "It was the most grotesque thing Ross had ever seen, and he'd been a plastic surgeon for twenty years". It was relatively well received by the class.
Erin's was "Albert had a recurring dream that he was being attacked by a flock of angry pigeons". Also producing a few laughs.
In return I received " 'I married an ex-monk, if that helps' ". I'm thinking, buddhist monk, Japan ... Something along those lines.
Playing tour guide to Bruce and Carol today. I hardly slept again last night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home