Around the World

Apparently Sydney's gravitational pull is too strong. Once again I find myself Down Under. Will I escape once more? Or will I remain quarantined in Terra Australis forever? I suppose I can call it home again... for now... (See my travel archives by clicking on the links listed on the left under "Archives").

Monday, November 01, 2004

Girly baking flapjacks and watching bad 80's movies day

"I carried a watermelon?"
Every girl secretly wants to be Baby Houseman. Don't deny it ladies, just go with it. I just want to know where's my Johnny Castle saying "Nobody puts Baby in a corner!"?
Today Egg, Liz and I baked flapjacks and watched Top Gun and Dirty Dancing. We realised we really had no idea what was going on in these movies as children. How can a child understand that Penny is pregnant and needs an abortion when there is no mention of pregnancy or said abortion? How can a child be expected to understand all the military jargon, for example "Negative ghostwriter (?) the pattern is full", what the?
We watched the last scene of Dirty Dancing twice, debating were they going to leave when Dr Houseman came up to them to apologise? And, if so why were they then back on the dancefloor after that?
During the dinner break some kids showed up trick or treating, we lied and said we had nothing, "I'm not sharing the flapjacks" said someone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home