Around the World

Apparently Sydney's gravitational pull is too strong. Once again I find myself Down Under. Will I escape once more? Or will I remain quarantined in Terra Australis forever? I suppose I can call it home again... for now... (See my travel archives by clicking on the links listed on the left under "Archives").

Friday, October 22, 2004

Weird day

So what made today so strange?
1. I was walking to school in Teddington (catch the overground to Clapham Junction, then a South West trains service to Hampton Wick), I'd straightened my fringe, so I was hoping for no rain. Alas, it started to sprinkle. I looked up to the heavens to see a clear blue sky, sprinkled with a few off-white clouds, certainly not rain clouds. I was perplexed. At first I thought a gust of wind had shaken the water from the trees, but no! It was raining and I still don't (or can't) believe it came from those few wispy, innocent-looking clouds. Weird!
2. I arrived at school to find they had only allocated one period for me to cover. Rejoice! I hear you say. Nope! The principal hates to see his supply teachers sitting idle. So, how did they utilise me? I spent the entire day (except for my one class) shredding paper. A job fit only for a child on detention. Boredom set in rapidly so I started timing myself, making it a race against the clock. True to my good Aussie work ethic, I shredded 7 large black garbage 'sacks' worth of paper. I have more paper cuts on my hands than the entire cast of Jackass, the Movie put together. But hey, at least I got paid.

Halloween Party at Carrie's this weekend! Can't wait.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home