Around the World

Apparently Sydney's gravitational pull is too strong. Once again I find myself Down Under. Will I escape once more? Or will I remain quarantined in Terra Australis forever? I suppose I can call it home again... for now... (See my travel archives by clicking on the links listed on the left under "Archives").

Sunday, November 28, 2004

Breaking news

Fed up and sick and tired of London’s school children, Miss Golding began the search for a new career in October 2004. In this article we speak exclusively to the teacher who quit. And discover what the future holds for the young Aussie.

Today, Miss Golding of London received job offers from two separate companies.
"I was shocked" said the 26 year old Australian, "I would have been happy with one but to receive two offers is unbelievable!"
Miss Golding began her teaching career in 2002 when see moved to the city of Nishinomiya in Japan to become an Assistant Language Teacher at Naruo Senior High School. Upon returning to Australia she began teaching at the wonderful Scots College located in Bellevue Hill, Sydney. Perhaps because of these two experiences she was lulled into a false sense of security and was ill prepared for teaching in London.
London schools are purported to be amongst the worst in the UK, if not the world. Being told in no uncertain terms to "F**k off" and standing by helplessly as chairs, textbooks and anything else that’s not nailed down are thrown across the room are daily occurrences.
"Even the good schools are bad" commented Miss Golding, who then went on to say "I mean, I expected it to be challenging, but I'm getting frown lines for God's sake, no job is worth that".
Miss Golding’s new role as a Relationship Manager will be for a company who has developed a ‘portal’ which is used in schools around London. Her duties will involve training teachers how to use the online ‘portal’. When asked what a portal is, the young teacher replied “I don’t know, but sounds cool doesn’t it?” In any case she has until January, when the new job begins, to find out.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home