Around the World

Apparently Sydney's gravitational pull is too strong. Once again I find myself Down Under. Will I escape once more? Or will I remain quarantined in Terra Australis forever? I suppose I can call it home again... for now... (See my travel archives by clicking on the links listed on the left under "Archives").

Monday, November 29, 2004

Rugby & Kris Kringle

Yesterday arvo we went to the pub to see the Aussies beat those stupid Poms in rugby at Twickenham. We were extremely outnumbered in the backroom of The Bedford. There was a lot of "friendly" banter between the two teams' supporters, that is everyone else versus our little group of 7 from the old crew back home. I have to admit I was biting my nails at one point, I just could not have handled losing to the Poms again, they never shut up about it, especially the school kids!
"Hey Miss, do you follow the rugby?" And then I know what's coming, "What about the World Cup last year!?" Yeah, what about it you little turd?
Then we retired to number 64 where Bard and James joined us after actually attending the game (Twickenham is only about halfa from our place). We ordered pizza, consumed a substantial amount of beer (2 cases for £20 at Threshers, bargain!) and did Kris Kringle! And no it wasn't the same with out the rest of the old crew - Ervos, D&G, KJ and Carl - miss you guys!!!
This year, I cleaned up and got, in my humble opinion, the best present from one Paul Jones Esquire - Desktop Racing Minis. Addictive and fun for the whole sharehouse family. Thank you Bones and Kris Kringle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home