Around the World

Apparently Sydney's gravitational pull is too strong. Once again I find myself Down Under. Will I escape once more? Or will I remain quarantined in Terra Australis forever? I suppose I can call it home again... for now... (See my travel archives by clicking on the links listed on the left under "Archives").

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

What am I, blind and stupid?

I sent this out in an email to my friends last week:

You may be interested to know that last night was my first night in my new night job at the Piccadilly Theatre (I'm not quitting my day job, as yet). Those in London will know that this is where Ewan McGregor and Jane Krakrowski are performing Guys and Dolls, with previews starting on the 19th. The company has moved in and are currently holding full 'technical rehersals'. So, last Thursday night we could hear them singing, but we weren't allowed to look through the doors and disturb the artists. The training evening ended without much fuss, I walked downstairs and was putting my coat on in the foyer while having a lovely chat with the security guard (they're on high alert because of the Star Wars fanatics), I heard someone enter the foyer, looked up briefly, made eye contact with this individual and then continued my conversation, a split second later realising it had been Ewan McGregor and I'd totally 'blanked' him as the kids at school would say. I couldn't do a double take because that would be totally uncool, so I kept talking, the security guard smiled at me with recognition of what had just happened, I smiled back and walked out the door. Next time I encounter Mr McGregor let's hope I recognise him, huh?


My new best mate Corbo sent this in response:

I can already picture the comment on the back page of next weeks TNT [a magazine in London aimed at Antipodeans, that features a 'Desperately Seeking' section on the back page.]

guy and DOLL
Walking through the door of Piccadilly Theatre on the 12th of May, you were dressed in black and talking with security. We made stiff eye contact.... you "blanked" me. If I had my chance again, I would ensure I needed frisking. Give me another chance to make a bigger impression.
Contact me.........may the force be with you
OB1@yahoo . com


I thought it was well worth sharing...



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home