Around the World

Apparently Sydney's gravitational pull is too strong. Once again I find myself Down Under. Will I escape once more? Or will I remain quarantined in Terra Australis forever? I suppose I can call it home again... for now... (See my travel archives by clicking on the links listed on the left under "Archives").

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Jezza's first day in London

Yesterday my American mate, Jez arrived in London. Jezza and I worked at the same school in Nishinomiya in Japan August 2002 to August 2003. Carrie and I went out to Heathrow to meet him. We hid behind a pole and watched him walk out, searching for a familiar face... it was kind of cruel. We took him back to where he and Carrie will be living in Earl's Court. It turned out to be a beautiful day. We walked through Holland Park to Notting Hill, had a pub lunch at the Prince Albert pub near Notting Hill Gate tube. Then we walked down the Portobello and up to Westbourne Park to the Grand Union Hotel. We sat and had a few drinks on the edge of the canal. All our other friends from Japan were coming to meet up later but Egg and I had to go. We had free tix to see Val Kilmer in The Postman Always Rings Twice. I was sad to leave but the play didn't disappoint.
Welcome Jezza!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home