Around the World

Apparently Sydney's gravitational pull is too strong. Once again I find myself Down Under. Will I escape once more? Or will I remain quarantined in Terra Australis forever? I suppose I can call it home again... for now... (See my travel archives by clicking on the links listed on the left under "Archives").

Sunday, August 28, 2005

I've got two tickets to paradise!!!!!!

Last night we held the Front of House Awards. Awards were given in such categories as Punctuality, Customer Service, Safety Awareness, Morale and Motivation, Commitment and The People's Choice Award. The alcohol flowed freely, in a physical and monetary sense, 'til the wee hours of the morning.
The 3 Managers, the 2 other Head Ushers and I labored over the nominations and awards. We wanted to get it just right. We were stuck on one award - The Managers' Award. We had a few different nominees but couldn't choose between them. In the end, we left it up to the managers to decide. So as you can imagine I was absolutely shocked when I received the Managers' Award. The Prize was 2 return tickets to New York!!! Russell, the Theatre Manager made a speech before presenting the award, saying that it encompassed all the other awards. Then, he said this person has recently been promoted within the company and I cried in my Australian accent (which stands out like a sore thumb amongst all the English) "OH SHIT!" followed by a few no, no, no's. I welled up with tears and then began to shake. I cannot begin to tell you how much it means to me. I started in the theatre industry back in May and it has had a profound effect on me and I'm getting soppy, sorry. I'll stop now. Anyways who wants to be my Plus 1?? The search begins...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home