Around the World

Apparently Sydney's gravitational pull is too strong. Once again I find myself Down Under. Will I escape once more? Or will I remain quarantined in Terra Australis forever? I suppose I can call it home again... for now... (See my travel archives by clicking on the links listed on the left under "Archives").

Thursday, April 14, 2005

My work here is done...

Back on the ole supply teaching treadmill. It's actually not been as bad as I remember it, surprisingly. Life is never boring when you're at the front of a classroom.
I would like to give big shout out to Adam in Year 9 at the school I'm currently teaching at. Today he told me in no uncertain terms:
"Those who can, do and those who can't, teach."
Loyal readers, you needn't worry this wasn't directed at me at all! Phew. When Adam asked me "Miss, why would you become a teacher?", instead of the usual it's a noble profession style answer I was frank with the kid, "For the holidays." To which he replied "I have sooo much respect for you now." What can I say? The youth of today, they're easily pleased.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home