Around the World

Apparently Sydney's gravitational pull is too strong. Once again I find myself Down Under. Will I escape once more? Or will I remain quarantined in Terra Australis forever? I suppose I can call it home again... for now... (See my travel archives by clicking on the links listed on the left under "Archives").

Tuesday, February 15, 2005

I think I'm lazy

I could not be bothered reading a full history of absolutely everything that's ever happened in the world - let's be frank who could, really? So, I thought "I'll read Bill Bryson's A Short History of Nearly Everything". But then as it turned out I couldn't even bring myself to read that. Over the weekend I borrowed it on cd from the library and downloaded it onto my iPod. It is complete and unabridged - a whopping 16 cds containing 19 hours of.... the most ANNOYING guy in the world reading it!!!!!! Note to self: loading 16 cds onto a computer is an arduous task, in future listen to the cd before commiting it to download!
When we were kids we had this Golden Book called The Pokey Little Puppy it had an accompanying record (so old school!) where a guy read the story. I'm absolutely sure that the guy reading A Short History to me as I run on the treadmill in the morning here in London is the same guy who read The Pokey Little Puppy to me as a child in Lake Cargelligo. Small world huh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home