Around the World

Apparently Sydney's gravitational pull is too strong. Once again I find myself Down Under. Will I escape once more? Or will I remain quarantined in Terra Australis forever? I suppose I can call it home again... for now... (See my travel archives by clicking on the links listed on the left under "Archives").

Friday, January 28, 2005

Oh my god!!!!!!!!! I'm turning into my father...

Just came to that startling realisation... I'm on a training day in Essex. Lunch at these training days usually consists of deep fried something-or-other, sandwiches and cakes and seeing as I'm still trying to avoid eating wheat I thought I'd pack my lunch. So, last night I put together a mixture of healthy tidbits - celery sticks, whole tomatoes, olives and nuts. I sat down to eat my lunch and then it hit me like a bolt out of the blue - this is EXACTLY what my dad would eat for lunch when he worked on the farm (now he's a man of leisure I'm sure he doesn't carry around Tupperware containers full of the aforementioned tidbits). To me this is the perfect lunch, to onlookers this may appear a bit strange - Bruce what have you done to me??
But, then I got all nostalgic thinking of Dad and I sitting on the wool bales in the shearing shed sharing celery and eating tomatoes like you would an apple. However, in addition to that, we'd have every vegetarians nightmare, the pig trotter. Ewwwww! Have to say no trotters were present in my lunch box today... surprise, surprise...
As Rachel Green once said, when she screamed at Joey Tribiani while trying to teach him how to sail, "I'm my father! I've spent so much time trying not to be my mother, I didn't see this coming!!"
No offense Mum and Dad, you know I love you both.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home