Around the World

Apparently Sydney's gravitational pull is too strong. Once again I find myself Down Under. Will I escape once more? Or will I remain quarantined in Terra Australis forever? I suppose I can call it home again... for now... (See my travel archives by clicking on the links listed on the left under "Archives").

Monday, December 13, 2004

Christmas Time

Christmas in London is lights curling around the lightposts on the high streets, max temp 5 degrees cee, buskers dressed as jolly old Saint Nick singing carols in the underground, the smell of mulled wine at the markets, christmas trees for sale outside tube stations, Regent Street all lit up, cheerful from knowing that your days as a professional babysitter are numbered, massive, decorated christmas trees in public spaces and finally, just general merriment (enhanced by litres of "christmas" grog).
Oh, it's good to be alive!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home